Saturday, November 27, 2010

The Baby Bjorn Travel Crib vs the Giggles

Baby Bjorn Travel Crib Light

Clowning around with your kid builds his self esteem and social skills. Try these easy ways to get a chuckle.

Not long ago I took my son shopping for a birthday present (a Baby Bjorn Travel Crib light) to give to my friend’s little girl. Trying to keep Leo, who is 2 entertained in the store, I held a frilly outfit up to his chest and said, “Oh, don’t you look pretty in this dress!” Instead of giving me the simple smile that I’d been expecting, he erupted into hysterics. I was floored. Before then, he’d giggled when I tickled him or made silly faces, but this was a different response: Leo could understand that he’s a boy who doesn’t wear dresses and knowing that was what made the scenario so laugh out loud funny to him.

Don’t be surprised if your toddler is in Kindercare and he suddenly gets out of his Baby Bjorn Travel crib light and starts getting a major kick out of all kinds of kidding around, whether it’s the giggles from having raspberries blown on her belly or truly cracking up over a more complex situational joke. You hear a child’s budding sense of humor may just seem like fun and games to you but it’s a true sign of development.

No comments:

Post a Comment